Saturday, 30 March 2013

A nice visit, a fillet of unspecified fish and a bottle of cherryade

I had dinner tonight. And do you know what? I'm glad I did. Not just because I'm insanely hungry now thanks to a combination of olanzepine/clozapine, but because I challenged myself. And succeeded.

I was convinced the food was poisoned. I'd only eat things in packets, drink from sealed bottles. However, now I have eaten hospital food for three days and whaddya know- I'm fine. Plus it was delicious. Even though no one knew what kind of fish it was. I'm guessing it wasn't fresh loin of cod, somehow I don't think the NHS can afford fish that can be identified. It's the horse meat scandal all over again... "Goldfish found on psychiatric hospital menu"

The bf visited earlier. It was nice. Him visiting me always makes the days turn out better. We went for a walk to the village. Or whatever it is, it's just a row of shops to me. I bought some cherryade.

This woman in the newsagents bought a stack of porn mags as "an anniversary present" because it was their paper anniversary. All I know is if I wanted to buy a porn mag I'd make several unsuccessful trips to the counter, each time returning only with a curly wurly and a packet of gum. Anyway, who needs a busty blonde centrefold when you've got the Internet? Poor woman though, the cashier shouted across the shop to her colleague about the porn mags. I give the woman at least a seven out of ten for replying (also quite loudly) "if he's lucky I'll watch [the enclosed dvd] with him."

Currently sipping cherry fizz and chewing watermelon flavour gum. Is that 2 of my 5 a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment