Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Bugger that

So, another promise from the staff broken. No clozapine turned up tonight.

I reckon there aren't enough staff on the ward tonight. There's only 3 for 17 patients. Since the night shift came on, no one has been available for anything. I had to wait 2 hours to have my phone out of the office and it looks like meds are going to be late. I'm fully aware that I'm not the only patient here but seriously they need more staff. I know it's trivial, but the hot chocolate hasn't been made which is upsetting other patients. I personally don't drink it but its a small thing that means a lot to some patients.

And my routine is buggered even more than usual. At home I take my night medication at 7 or just after. Yesterday I took it at 9 and today it looks like it will be even later.

Also, not one single member of staff has bothered to ask me how I am today. These people are supposedly writing notes which could be used for legal purposes saying how I am. How the heck can they write how I am if they never even speak to me. It almost seems like someone has told them to ignore me or something. I know I spend a lot of time in my room but it would be nice for them to pop their head in and ask me if I'm ok instead of just ticking a box on a clipboard to say I'm on the ward. I swear, my conversations with the staff go something like this:
"Please can you put my phone on charge"
*silence*
Later.... "Please can I have my phone back?"
*silence*
Later still... "Please can you put my iPod..." I think you can see where this is going.

I don't know what I can do to encourage the staff to help me. Heck, they shouldn't need encouraging. My care plan (when I saw it) had paragraphs about another patient on it.

I give up tonight. Perhaps the odds will be in my favour tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. I am reading Alice, in case you are still wondering who is reading, and I'm learning a lot. I hope you are back home in good time for your wedding and never have to go to hospital ever again. Meanwhile, by sharing your experience, you are opening up a world that should be less of a mystery.

    ReplyDelete