Friday, 5 April 2013

Hallelujah! And fuzz-free armpits

I have just got back from a walk down the hill. While I was there I got my armpits waxed. Not sure you need to know this? Skip ahead to paragraph 2. I was dreading it because the last time any wax made it to within close proximity of my armpits it was so horrific I bled. I was in the PICU (psychiatric intensive care unit- secure) and I wasn't allowed a razor. My BFF brought some of those home wax strips and as I said before, it was horrific. My friend still feels bad for that. In the end I had one hairy armpit and another that had a hairless streak through it. This time, however, I had it done professionally and it was so much better than I thought it would be. It was more expensive than going to soul to sole in hampden park. But I have to make the most of what I've got around me.

Welcome back to those who skipped paragraph one! When I got back from my walk up the hill, I got back onto the ward to find one of the peer support workers strumming the guitar to the tune of hallelujah. Now, that doesn't sound very significant, but listen on.... I listen to music about 99% of the time and it just so happened that at the precise moment if getting back onto the ward, I had hallelujah (the shrek soundtrack version) on shuffle. In short, it freaked me out to the extent that I had to take some olanzepine because its hard to fight the thoughts that it wasn't just a coincidence. I am 75% sure that it's a secret message for me. It just seems too improbable that it was merely a coincidental event and seems more like the voices asserting themselves by suggesting that they are watching me.

The bf is coming later. I wish I had purchased a gift for him while I was at the shops but there was nothing suitable. I could have bought him some cookies but there is no way I could be trusted alone with them for the next 2 1/2 hours. Not in conjunction with the clozapine munchies. I have three hours unaccompanied section 17 leave that I can use tomorrow with the bf. I have no idea what we can do in that time because I don't really know this area very well. I know for sure we can't go to the pub due to the extortionate prices - £4.60 for a white coffee and a tea. And you should have seen how tiny they were.

I think I'm going to make a "benchmark post" later just so all my lovely readers can get a look at where I'm at in myself and it will also be there for me to look back on in the future to see how far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment