Friday, 5 April 2013

That post I promised.

I have decided to create this post to document where I am now. Mainly for two reasons: to look back on in the future and to give my readers some insight into what my life is like. So here goes.

I am Alice. My birthday is a week today. I am in my twenties.
I'm currently in a psychiatric hospital being titrated on to an antipsychotic called Clozapine. I suffer from schizoaffective disorder.
I am getting married in 21 days to a man I am very lucky to be with.
At this moment, I am very determined to make a success of my life.
I am trying to lose weight and be healthy but Clozapine is well know for weight gain.
I have recently discovered that I am good at art. I have bought a sketchbook to pursue this.
I am trying to study mathematics a level in preparation for my degree starting in October but its hard to concentrate.
My favourite tv shows are fringe, the Big Bang theory and dark matters. I love science.
I am currently psychologically addicted to fizzy drinks. If I stopped, nothing would happen but I rely on them for comfort.
I am detained under section 3 of the mental health act 1983.
I started doing Pilates four days ago in an effort to improve my posture. I also use my agreed leave to go for walks.
I love cooking things from scratch including authentic risotto, sweet chilli pork balls, macaroni cheese, red velvet cake and Cadbury Crunchie ice cream.

I hear voices, I can't trust my own thoughts.
I believe people want to hurt me, people put thoughts into my head. This has been going on since I was sixteen.
I try my best to distract myself but everything overwhelms me at times. I am constantly scared and don't trust anyone I don't know.

Thank you for reading. And to my future self, this is where you were at. Now see how far you've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment